Sunday, September 29, 2013
I have loved this picture since I found it and pinned it to my Pinterest board a long time ago. This reminds my of my middle daughter Aimee in so many ways. She has a favorite blanket that she carries around all the time, she loves looking at books and it doesn't matter what is going on, she just wants to be in the same room as me and the best part is, curling up on the ground like the little girl above is something she would totally do, and has done sometimes. This little comic melts my heart and touches my soul!
Have a beautiful Sunday!
Saturday, September 28, 2013
It's Saturday again! Time for the Weekly Q&A! This post is going up late today because I am not good at scheduling posts and we have had a busy day lol! I would love it if you joined in! You can use the comments below for your answers or if you have a blog and you would like to answer these questions there then leave me a link and I would love to come visit! Here we go!
1.) What are you reading right now?
I am reading "Son" by Lois Lowry. Her book "The Giver" is my all time favorite book and the first time I read it, it haunted me the way it ended. It wasn't a bad ending but it ended in a way that anything could have happened and it was really up to the reader to conclude with an ending they thought would be best. For YEARS I thought about this book and re-read it more times than I can count. It's a small book that packs a huge punch. So, some time late last year or early this year, I found out that she had turned this series into a quartet lol! I went out the very next day and bought the second book and finished it and then went right out and got the third. "Son" is the last book in the series and is by far the thickest. I have been slowly reading it but I can't wait to see how this story actually ends. The second and third books have brought more to this series than I could have ever thought possible!
source: google images
2.) What was the last restaurant you went to?
This morning we went to McDonald's and ate some yummy breakfast before running all our errands. We actually ate in this time per Lily's request and since we had time, we did it!
3.) Where do you want to travel next?
I would love to go to the beach. None of my kids have ever been and I want to be the one to take them! We aren't too far from either Virginia Beach or maybe the Gulf. Hopefully we can go sometime soon, I miss it. I have only been one time in my life, when I was 17. My aunt took me with her and my cousins to Daytona Beach for a week and it was AMAZING! There is nothing at all that compares to the ocean and I love it! I can't wait to see the look on my kids faces the first time they get to see it!!
4.) Are you a leader or a follower?
I am mostly an introvert and it depends on the situation and circumstances as to if I am a leader or follower at that time. I can be both! It's hard to fit me into one category!
5.) What are you looking forward to?
Right now I am looking forward to next weekend because we will be celebrating my youngest daughters 4th birthday with the family! It will be lots of fun!
Until next time,
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
It's Wednesday again! I am linking up with Joyce at From This Side Of The Pond again for her weekly series! It's fun to go through her questions and share answers to get to know everyone better! If you like this type of thing, you can check out my own series that I share on Saturdays called "Weekly Q&A"
1. What's one thing that's still the same about you as when you were young?
My introvert qualities. I have always enjoyed curing up somewhere alone and doing the things I like sometimes. Getting lost in a good book with a blanket is my cup of tea...or coffee!
2. What's more important-history or science? Why?
I personally would have to say history because science would go nowhere without being able to look back and learn from history and the things that worked/didn't work. Our lives are full of history of the world, our nation, our family histories, etc.
3. Lima, kidney, string, garbanzo, black, or pinto-your favorite bean?
4. What's something people come to your town to do?
Get away from it all. I live way out in the country and there are no attractions here. We don't even have a super Walmart! lol! But man is it beautiful and peaceful!
5. When was the last time you were in a meeting? Sum it up for us in five words or less.
A few weeks ago. Horrible and Eye-Opening.
6. What special event would you like a VIP pass to attend?
Concert to one of my favorites or a Packers home game!
7. What's one piece of advice you'd give a writer?
If you love it, find a way to do it and find a way to stick with it!
8. Insert your own random thought here:
Today I want to show a super simple and so adorable decoration tip! It cost about 5 dollars since other supplies were already on hand but I am sure most everyone has the most important supply.
I wanted something that was cute but something that I could also change up if per season, etc, for my croffice (craft room + office = croffice!) Here is what I came up with:
How cute is that? It's just a simple twine line held up with thumb tacks and mini clothes pins are holding them onto the line! I used several of my favorite pieces of scrapbook paper, project life cards and free printables! I have some Dear Lizzy papers (one of my favorite scrap designers) as well as some Michael's brand knockoff project life cards! the biggest paper there is 6x6. It's so colorful and full of inspiring quotes that it makes me smile when I look at it!
I have tons of ideas for all of my girls' bedrooms with this same style. Filled with quotes, pretty pictures for girls and some of their favorite teeny bopper celebs that they love from the Disney Channel. They can change it up as they like with drawings of their own, family pictures, the possibilities are endless and super easy for them to feel like they are personalizing their room. Not to mention it's so cheap! I think for that idea I will have a couple lines of twine across one whole wall but with added tacks throughout for stability and a banner style look!
The twine and mini clothes pins were found at Walmart. The twine came packaged like this but with plastic over it.
The mini clothes pins were in the office section and the package looks like this.
I have linked up with some of these Link Parties!
Do you have a simple project that makes a big impact? I would love to see it! Leave it in the comments below!
Sunday, September 22, 2013
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I think for the most part, I want to reserve Sunday's on this blog for things that touch the soul in one way or another. One simple picture and some comments on it why it's so beautiful unless it speaks for itself!
(unable to locate source, found on Pinterest)
A child surrounded by books and completely engrossed is a beautiful sight! I thank God all of my girls love looking at books!
Until next time,
Saturday, September 21, 2013
I want to start a new weekly post of 5 fun questions and answers. It's a way to branch out and think of new things to talk about among ourselves and I fully expect you guys to comment with your answers and join in the fun! If you have a blog of your own, join in on these posts and share the link with us in the comments below! Once I get better at the technical part of blogging I can start a link party and have the space below. If you know how to do that, please share it with me!
1. What would you want to study at school?
I have actually been thinking about this a lot. Some recent life events have made me wish more than ever that I could have joined some college classes over time and became an elementary school teacher, or at least hung in there when I was a substitute teachers aide and had my foot in the door and could have worked my way through some classes and moved up. But alas...everything happens for a reason and we don't know what the future holds!
I am sure I would create an awesome classroom something like the one below!
2. What is your favorite snack food?
Well the one that comes right to mind is a nice bowl of fruit loops! I love them as a snack since they aren't that filling for me. Usually at night after the kids have gone to bed and the hubby and I are relaxing and watching TV I start craving some!
3. How hungry are you right now?
Very hungry actually. Especially since we were just talking about fruit loops! I haven't had a chance to eat breakfast yet and it's several hours after I normally would have eaten. Eggs and pancakes are calling my name!
How cute are these??? I know!!!
4. Bad news: sugercoated or straight-up?
Definitely straight-up. Don't beat around the bush! Let me know what's going on so we can start brainstorming a resolution and get prepared!!
5. How do you get out of a rut?
This is a great question. We all get in ruts from time to time. I try not to let it happen but when it does, I am usually able to get out of them quickly. I just remember that things could always be worse and try to remember that more than likely it is something so small in this life and it too shall pass. Once I figure out the next few steps to take to resolve an issue (see question 4, lol!) I immediately start to feel better. If I don't know what to do at that time, I just trust in God and he always has it under control, even when we think we do!
Source: Google Images
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to join in if you want, I would love to hear your answers!
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Hello again! Thanks for stopping by once again! I wanted to share some things I have been loving lately!
I even got all fancy for ya and made a collage!
1. Jesus Calling by Sarah Young This is a DAILY read for me! I can't remember exactly how I found out about this book but I got it back in June and it has been AH-mazing! It's like each daily reading hits home and it has a way of making you just feel better about things in general and has lots of reassurance and truth! There is even a kids version that I bought for my saplings! There are also several different covers with some added things in some, such as a women's version, etc, but they all have the same root daily reading! This is one I will always keep and read year after year!
2. Candy Crush Oh Darn You Candy Crush!!! This is the most addictive game I have ever played! I am sure most people know about this by now but it's a facebook game that can also be downloaded to Apple and Andriod devices. Some levels are super easy and some levels are infuriating!!! Either way, it will keep you going for hours at a time...or until you run out of lives!
3. Paper Mate Flair Pens These are the best pens ever! They don't bleed through any paper and I know that's hard to believe but it's true! They come in tons of colors and are so easy to write with and the ink is really vivid considering they don't bleed! I use them daily in my planner!
4. Imagine Dragons I fell in love with this band back in the spring when I heard Radioactive on the radio. After hearing another one of their songs "Demons" (don't let the name fool you, I wouldn't steer you towards evil! lol) and then after watching the AMAZING music video for it and the dedication at the end and seeing what the song is actually about, I went right to iTunes and bought it and i love, love, love every song on the album. That's rare now a days to like every song on an album but they have made the list of the bands/singers that are my favs for that reason too!
5. dailyBUMPS These guys are awesome! They put out a daily video on YouTube just about the random things they do and they are hilarious. It's a young family with great values and wonderful vlogging skills! I look forward to what they are going to show everyday!
I hope you have a chance to check out some of these things!
I will leave you with a little inspiration!
*I have linked up with some of the following link parties.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
I am linking up with From This Side of the Pond for her weekly Wednesday Hodgepodge! Today is Joyce's birthday so be sure to go say happy birthday if you can! I learned of this blog link up from Kisha at The Glamorous French Housewife. Her blog is amazing and I have learned so much from her over the last several months!
1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
I last sang happy birthday to someone this past weekend! We celebrated my brother-in-laws 20th! I was last sung happy birthday to on my 29th on June 14th! I don't enjoy being the center of attention but having people sing happy birthday kinda helps make the birthday feel official, ya know?
2. Name a famous or 'infamous' person who shares your birth month and day. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?
I share my birthday with Donald Trump of all people! lol! Of course I would love to meet one of the richest people in our country and hopefully learn lots of tips to become rich! HA!
3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?
A winning lottery ticket
Fun and pretty crafting supplies
One of the awesome handbags I have my eye on
A fresh new book on my "to read" list! (more on that later on my blog)
4. What is something you can guarantee about yourself?
That I will always be a caring person with a huge heart!
5. Talking about art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan, Italy or 'The Mona Lisa' in the Louvre, Paris...which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
I am not sure I could choose between the two because I love them both for different reasons. The Mona Lisa has always had a connection to me because of my name and " The Last Supper" is special because of my faith!
6. Your favorite dessert?
Brownies of any kind OR yellow butter cake with chocolate frosting. I think those are tied. Can you tell I am a person who loves many, many things. I can't even narrow down a dessert!
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the northern hemisphere)...what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
The first sign of fall for me is taking out my hoodies! I loooooove hoodie weather and spend about 95% of the fall in one! They are the ultimate comfort clothing item to me! I would say that's the thing I am looking forward to also and I am definitely more of a fall person but I like spring as well!
This one looks perfect!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am excited about this new blog journey and hope everyone enjoys and joins in, even if it's just with a little comment!
I am linking up with Jenni at Story of My Life for her Blogtember challenge. It's a challenge to blog every day in September with weekends off if wanted. Today's challenge is: Only Photos. Perfect for me! The full list is at the bottom of this post if you would like to join in at any time! If you join in, please comment and let me know so I can make sure I don't miss your posts either!
Tuesday, Sept. 3: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.
Wednesday, September 4: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do? (bonus points for fun photos from Pinterest, but don't forget to cite the source!)
Thursday, September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered.
Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid.
Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)
Tuesday, September 10: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.
Wednesday, September 11: Share links to your favorite online shops, preferably with a few photos of your favorite items in each shop.
Thursday, September 12: Discuss ways that blogging or social media has changed you.
Friday, September 13: A self portrait
Monday, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)
Tuesday, September 17: A memory you would love to relive.
Wednesday, September 18: Only photos
Thursday, September 19: Creative writing day: write a (very short) fictional story that starts with this sentence: "To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century."
The story does not necessarily need to have a conclusion - you can leave your readers wishing for more!
Friday, September 20: React to this term: comfort.
Monday, September 23: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc. Bonus points for great photos!
Tuesday, September 24: Review a book, place, or product.
Wednesday, September 25: Write about a time you screwed up - a mistake you made.
Thursday, September 26: Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like! Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop. (I recommend downloadingOmmwriter and bringing headphones along!) *if you can't make it to a coffee shop, at least leave your usual space and write someplace new.
Friday, September 27: An anonymous letter to your Facebook friends. Be as snarky as you'd like. (but don't include people's real names.)
Monday, September 30: Share a photo of something old. Maybe something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special