Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Mother Edition!

Linking up with Joyce again! I look forward to this each week!





1. Share something you appreciate (or something you appreciated as you were growing up) about your mother.

Her kindness! I got my big heart from her!

2.  A quote most commonly ascribed to Plato reads "Necessity is the mother of invention." When did this last play out in your own experience?

Monday when I decided I was going to "make" some small curtains for our sunroom windows until we could get the ones we are going to use. Yeah...that "invention" didn't turn out right. I sure DID NOT inherit my mothers sewing abilities, sadly. I am not even going to show a picture of the mess that turned out! LOL!!

3. Share one of the earliest memories you have from childhood.

Playing hide and seek in my grandmother's house with my cousins. She died when I was 10 (1994) but I remember that house well enough that I could recreate it exactly. That house will always have a special place in my heart!

4. When did you last 'hit the mother lode'? What was it?

I would have to say it was when I met my husband and my children and I were accepted into one of the most loving families I have ever seen. I will forever be thankful of them all!

5. What is/was your favorite dish mom made? Do you make that dish for your family/friends now that you're all grown up?

She used to make a baked pork chop dish with cubed potatoes at the bottom and cream of mushroom soup/sauce all over it. When it was done the potatoes and pork chops would be sooo tender and had absorbed the sauces and its so delicious! I do make it now and everyone except my husband likes it because he is extremely picky and doesn't like mushrooms. I don't like them either but you can't taste them in this dish, just the creamy goodness from the soup!

6. Mother May I? was at one time a popular children's game. It required no equipment or parts to play. What was your favorite childhood game where you could just turn up and play-no gear needed?

I am thinking it would have been that same game! I remember playing that alot!!

7. Which TV mom (past or present) is your favorite, and why?

Oh there are so many that are close to my heart. I think of Roseanne, Jill Taylor (Home Improvement), Becky (Full House)...That's all I can think of right off the top of my head but I feel like I'm forgetting some...

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I am excited for Mother's Day and another get together with the family! It's always a good time!


2 comments:

  1. My mom made a similar recipe with pork chops, except that hers had onions in it, too. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do a lot of cooking with cream soups, but I do love them : ) Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete