Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Happy Wednesday! I am joining up with Joyce again! You should go check her out and all the others that link! I love seeing other answers to the questions! 







1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Are you blooming where you're planted as we begin the month of May?

Yes I am! I am moving things around the house, adding a bit more color! My husband and I also just started our first vegetable garden in a tray and the carrots, corn and pumpkin are sprouting up!! We are way too excited! I love it! Just waiting on the variety of peppers that will come in so handy for the hubs' famous chilli because he always uses "fresh" peppers from the store but this winter it will really be fresh! So I guess I'm also blooming where I have planted also lol!

                      

2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no big deal, and 10 being full scale panic, rank your fear of spiders.

I guess that depends on how close they are to me. So if the spider is on me, it's a 12 scared level. I mean full on girl screaming and flailing. Same room with me, a calm, cool collected 7 but that little guy has to die. Sorry little fella. Which reminds me of this hilarious thing I saw a while back: 


            

3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)...besides lettuce, what are two must-have ingredients in your favorite salad?

mmmm salad!! I have to have hard boiled eggs and shredded cheese. Also, the ONLY dressing I can eat on a salad is ranch. Any other dressing is nasty to me...

4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington),  Mt. Rainer (Washington) Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt. St. Helens (Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington)

Definitely San Juan Islands! It looks so beautiful! The lighthouses alone would occupy me for hours. I have never been any farther west than Kentucky, where I live. I would love to see a killer whale and take a boat tour and see the mountains in the distance and the huge forests!! 

                
               
               

5. This coming weekend marks the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby...when did you last race (literally or figuratively) to cross a finish line?

Hey! I live 30 minutes from Louisville! :)  I don't know about this one. I have been wanting to participate in a Color Run with my kids, but nothing like that yet...

6. What is something little you love?

All my owl figurines! I have way more owls though lol. 




7. Would you say you are more of a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner? Elaborate.

I would say a mixture of all of them, because I have to listen to someone explaining it and have them walk me through one and then do it on my own before I fully grasp how to do it and feel comfortable doing it. If that makes sense. I can think I know how to do something and take a test and pass but until I actually do it, I won't feel like "I know how"

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Today has been a very off day for our family. On top of that it seems like even little things are working against me. I RARELY have days where I let myself get frustrated for long because I am the kind of person that knows everything happens for a reason and I can brush things off and think of my blessings rather than my worries, not to mention just look at my sweet saplings' faces looking at me and feel tons better, however today is just one for the books. Our family could use lots of prayers and we know we can all get through this! 
I know tomorrow will be better!



1 comment: