Monday, April 14, 2014

Opa's Birthday Celebration!

...aka swing set surprise...aka...our first official get together at the new house!

We had such a great weekend! The weather was wonderful! Saturday Kacey and I took turns cutting the grass for the first time this year. I say take turns because the yard is so big that he can mow for about 2 hours and needs to be done and same for me so I take over for the next 2 hours and finish it up. It's a good system and I may be weird but I looove cutting the grass! You can read more about that here. 

Sunday everyone came over and brought the swing set that Opa hand built for the girls. To say the least, it is beyond special to us! The girls had a fit over it and always can't wait to get back outside and play on it! Lily and I are sitting in the house right now though because it's rainy. boooo!! We want to play on the new toy!!


Once she realized what it was, she was sooo excited!


As my girls get older, they start developing the Pierce Freckles on their noses, I am in love with it.

This is everyone making things with clay while waiting for the swing set to get finished. My awesome sister in laws even made me some owls that I can treasure forever!

Lily just couldn't help herself, she just had to climb on it just once while waiting.

Opa carrying shingles around fighting the wind and about to fly away lol.

And the adults had to try it out too of course!


Oma made this awesome sign!


Finally time to play!!





It was a great day!



And the best picture of the day!
How awesome is Opa?
He sure is loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment