Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Awesome Trip Down A "Rabbit Hole"

The funniest thing just happened. I was looking through the other links on Joyce's Wednesday Hodgepodge which I love and clicked on Just Simply Linda and fell in love with her cozy little blog! She reminds me of what I want my blog to be, a little bit of everything, but I love the chit chat type of posts like hodgepodge and Ashley's Social Sunday that people link up to but so far I had only been able to find those two. I am not sure if I am looking in all the wrong places or what but those kind are hard to come by. I wish I had a different one to link up with for every day of the week. Yes, I know that was an extremely long run-on but sometimes that's just me! =) Anyway, I saw that she participates in one I had never seen before!! I am super excited to have found 2 awesome new things in one day! 

So here goes! This is linking up to Chats on the Farmhouse Porch with Everyday Ruralty




As a country girl, a farmhouse porch is a precious thing! (Although if Linda is reading this, I saw you didn't want to move to the country because of the amenities of the city, which I can relate to except I love the amenities that are at least within a reasonable drive, and then be able to get back to my country!)

1. Would you rather drive or be driven?

Definitely drive. Ever since I was a teenager, driving was just a thing to mark freedom and growing up! So I still love it to this day. I used to work in downtown Louisville, Ky and still lived in the country so that was a one hour drive one way every day. People thought I was crazy for not moving closer but the drive helped me have "me" time and to unwind and think! Plus, the only way I am mostly comfortable in a car is if I am driving. I have been in 2 car accidents in the past 7 years that have not been my fault and came out of nowhere and totaled my cars so I am always on edge. It's hard for people to understand sometimes especially if they have never experienced it before.

2. If you had your choice of a shiny new BMW with no conveniences inside, or an older model Ford or Chevy with everything one could want for comfort and convenience inside, which would you choose?

An older model with no doubt about it! That just goes to further prove, it's what's on the inside that counts! :)

3. Do you eat many vegetables?

I don't really. Mostly carrots with ranch dressing. I love it! If you look at my hodgepodge questions from earlier today you can read about our little veggie garden we started!

4. If you could blink your eyes and make a change to your body, face, hair, or nails, what would you change?

My hair. It's always been fine and thin since both of my parents hair is that way and I have hated it. I never feel comfortable with it...sigh...

5. Please finish this sentence. "Goody! Someone just gave me two hundred dollars and I must spend it doing something enjoyable today. I'm going to___________________."

spend it on things to fix up the house with such as paint and supplies and get to work!



6 comments:

  1. Raw carrots are one of the few vegetables I really like. I dip them into salsa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh! never tried that before! I will have to now!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you and I think the same on some things. I'd rather be out in the country, too. I love the freedom of living in the boonies and can't stand the traffic or pollution of living in town like we do now. When our neighbors go outside to smoke their cigarettes (or whatever!), it fills our carport full of the icky smoke and sometimes the smell comes into our bedroom, too. I can't stand it.

    I am a far better driver than passenger. I totally dislike being a passenger. I have been in multiple serious car accidents, only one while I was driving. A man ran the stop sign and sent me and my baby girl careening into the fence post of a cow pasture. The front end of my car was pushed in so far that I couldn't even get the key out of the ignition. Twenty-two years later, I still feel that one and I still flinch every time a car comes toward me from the right side.

    I, too, am an introverted, nature, photography, and book-loving Christian. It's nice to meet another sister in Christ on here. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I get the flinches too! I hate it! I read that about your neighbors, I would feel the same way as you!! They sound so disrespectful! Hope you have a great week too! Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to Chats! I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/04/chats-on-porch-43014.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lisa! I like the idea of using the money to fix up your house. We're doing a lot of things with our old farmhouse. I agree that what's on the inside counts- in far more things than just a car. Hope to see you back on the porch again soon!

    ReplyDelete