Friday, September 13, 2013

A Little Decor

I have been impatiently waiting for the painting to get done so I can start decorating and pulling everything together to fully feel like "home"! I've got most of the living room done! I still have a gallery wall to plan out and figure what I want on it and some other wall hangings to decide on but that will come soon enough and will be a fun process! I am going to try my best to go through the important items and list where they are from! Here is what I have done so far:


Got the movies and games set up and one lonely decorative bowl from target, probably not staying there. blue bins fit perfectly under the TV and hold our most frequently used game controllers and accessories.


From the top shelf down:
Birdcage (cardholder) and initials were from our wedding.
Circle mirror was from our wedding too, and is etched with hearts and our names and wedding date.
Teal owl sitting on wedding album: gift from my brother in law and sister in law
Red box: Gift from my mom at our wedding that holds miscellaneous mementos!


Mirror: Target
Apothecary Jars: Flea Market find in Radcliff, KY
Photo in frame at bottom right of fireplace: A full page, black and white ad of some kind out of a magazine with a couple kissing under the same umbrella in the rain! It's really pretty actually and goes to show that you don't have to spend a ton of money on art. If YOU love it, then you need to put a frame on it (sung to the tune of Beyonce') =D


 Vase and awesome realistic terrarium: Michaels

 Gray vase and white vase: Michaels
Picture frame: gift
Hourglass: Meijers for 5 bucks!!
 Wrought Iron bird bath: Gift from my mom years ago, she got it from "Home Interiors" and my hubby spray painted it for me. Its funny cause that's leftover spray paint from his Charger engine and just happens to be a color I love. Opa should get a chuckle out of that.
Chevron/Bird picture: cheap frame and a free art printable found on Pinterest
Hexagon/Honeycomb patterned vase: Ollies in Radcliff. This pattern is starting to become one of my favorites and similar vases sell online and are way smaller than this one and they are about $40, I paid $7.99. I can be a bargain hunter and deal finder more often that not!
Fake plant that still has the tag on it because I haven't taken the 10 seconds to cut it off yet: Michaels
 Vase and hydrangea: can't remember
Scentsy wax warmer: Christmas present from Oma!!
Cheap frame with another free art printable from Pinterest
Lamp as well as the other two in the living room: Target
Little bud vases from a valentines 3 pack at the Target dollar spot. They each had one of each "I" "love" "U" on them and I just turned that to the back and you would have never known it if I hadn't of told you ;)
This shelf holds several miscellaneous books that are special to my and my family in some way or another. I am very partial to books, especially children's books. I keep them here for safe keeping. (little known fact about me: I have always wanted to write a children's book and I have the perfect idea for one but have just never done it yet. The only other person I have ever told my idea to was my mom when I was about 10 and she probably doesn't remember it LOL)
Different family pics, more free printable art and photo albums.

I still need to get this together...one step at a time lol. Just thought I would show the bad with the good ha ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment